AFC Urgent Care Aberdeen realizes that this is a challenging time for our patients, who may be unable to or uncomfortable with leaving their home to visit our center in person. However, you may still require medical attention. AFC Urgent Care Aberdeen is proud to announce that we are now accepting patients via Telemedicine. Telemedicine is ideal for patients who cannot leave their homes or are uncomfortable with leaving, providing you with the chance to consult with a medical provider over a video call. Appointments are accepted seven days a week.
What can I use a Telemedicine Visit for?
While many things can be addressed over a telemedicine visit, some may require an in-person visit to our walk-in urgent care center.
The following are included in Virtual Visits and can be diagnosed and given recommended treatment:
- Allergy Symptoms
- Bug Bites
- Poison Ivy
- Mild Sunburn
- Cold Sores
- Sore Throat
- Ear infection, earache, or swimmers ear
- Eye infection, pinkeye, sties
- Female urinary tract infections
- Newly onset cough
- Sinus Infection or Sinusitis
- **Medication renewal (no controlled or addictive substances, no long term chronic illness prescriptions-1 month prescription only, No ADD, ADHD, or mental health prescription.) ***
The following are excluded from Virtual Visits and require a visit to our center for diagnosis and treatment.
- No narcotic or controlled substance renewal or prescription.
- No prescriptions over one month
- No Chest Pain
- No Physical Exams
- No psychiatric conditions
- No emergency symptoms including: Dial 911 (chest pain, shortness of breath, allergic reaction, choking, altered of consciousness, head or neck injury
- No STD’s or STI’s (Must come into Center)
- No Pregnancy, birth control renewal or birth control advice
- No Workers Compensation or Occupational Health visits (Must come into Center)
- No Referrals to specialists (Must come into Center)
- No Suturing, suturing removal or wound care (Must come into Center)
- No Children under 6 months
How do I make an appointment?
In order to make an appointment for telemedicine, click this link to begin the registration process. Within minutes of completion, a member of our staff will contact you to finish the process and collect insurance and payment information. A verification code will be texted to your cell phone and you will be prompted to consent to the use of telemedicine. Your visit will be confirmed!
What happens once I have made an appointment?
When your visit begins, a member of our team will go over your medical history and the details of the appointment before the medical provider joins the call. Once the provider joins, you will be able to go over your symptoms and have a consultation about treatment options.
Virtual Visits & Telemedicine in Aberdeen, NJ
If you are unable to visit our urgent care in person, schedule a telemedicine appointment with a physician at AFC Urgent Care Aberdeen today! Appointments are accepted seven days a week. For questions about what can be seen during a telemedicine visit our how the appointment works, please call 732-583-5100.